2016 Scholarship Recipients. On May 18, 2016, the BIP held it's annual scholarship presentation picnic at the BIP Pavilion at the Charles Chrin Community Center. This year's recipients were Anthony Fallon, Scott Young, Tyler Aldinger and Samanta Marino who are shown from left to right in the picture below. The members of the BIP wish each of the recipients best wishes as they move into their college years. Full information on each recipient and pictures of the event can be seen by clicking here.
2015 Scholarship Recipients. The Business, Industrial and Professional Association of Palmer Township was pleased to present six scholarships to high school seniors at its annual June Scholarship Picnic at the BIP Pavilion at the Charles Chrin Community Center of Palmer Township. The scholarship recipients (in order from left to right in the picture) were:
- Michael Catanlano son of Dom and Robin Catalano will be attending Misericordia University;
- Megan Shedlock daughter of Michael and Cynthia Shedlock will be attending Moravian College;
- Jillian Morello daughter of John and Michele Morello will be attending Penn State University;
- Nicole Rizzolino daughter of Robert and Therese Rizzolino will be attending Millersville University;
- Courtney Horace daughter of Matthew and Dawn Horace will be attending the United States Military Academy at West Point;
- Conor Smith son of Robert and Kim Smith will be attending Misericordia University.
All of these recipients are graduates of Easton Area High School. The Board of Directors and members of the BIP congratulate these students for their academic achievements and wish them luck in college and beyond.
2014 Scholarship Recipients. The Business, Industrial and Professional Association of Palmer Township was pleased to present Three scholarships to high school seniors at its annual June Scholarship Picnic at the BIP Pavilion at the Charles Chrin Community Center of Palmer Township. The recipients are:
In the picture are from left to right: Rachel Young, Erik Roseberry and Paige Colver.
- Rachel, daughter of Jeff and Debbie, is a senior at Easton Area High School and will be attending Millersville University in the fall. She received a leadership award from Widner University. Her school activities include: Softball, yearbook. senior class Senator (student council) and vice president of Easton's Angels. She also is a volunteer for the Miracle League of Northampton County and Special Olympics.
- Erik, son of Richard Roseberry, is also a senior at Easton Area High School and will be attending the University of Pittsburgh majoring in electrical ehgineering. His school activities include: Concert and marching band equipment manager, indoor/outdoor track and field - pole vault captain, spanish honor society - financial director and national honor socerity.
- Paige, daughter of Dave and Lisa Colver, is a senior at Easton Area High School and will be attending St. Josephs University majoring in special education with a concentration in autistic support. Her school activities include: Easton's Angels - public relations advisor, student council - Senator, varsity tennis - captian and player and varsity boys tennis - manager. She also is a volunteer for the Miracle League of Northampton County, Special Olympics and soup kitchen.
The Officers, Board and members of the BIP congratulate these outstanding students and wish them luck in the future.
2013 Scholarship Recipients. The Business, Industrial and Professional Association of Palmer Township was pleased to present five scholarships to high school seniors at its annual June Scholarship Picnic at the BIP Pavilion at the Charles Chrin Community Center of Palmer Township. The recipients are:
- Kyle Aldinger is the son of Rich and Kelly Aldinger owner of Kustom Floors. Kyle will be attending Johnson & Wales University where he will be majoring in Culinary Arts. Kyle's honors and awards include National Technical Honor Society, Skills USA District 11 local culinary challenge champion. Kyle is an active member of the Skills USA and he volunteers to cook at his church for special events. kyle hopes to become an executive chef and own his own business.
- Katelyn Pysher is the daughter of Lisa and Carl Pysher and the granddaughter of Virginia and Ken Rickert. She will be attending Penn State University where she will be majoring in secondary english education. Katelyn’s honors and awards include induction into the National Honor Society, the German Honor Society and an AP Scholar. Her activities included marching band and flute section leader, orchestra wind ensemble, concert band, jazz lab, German club and president, flute quartet and basketball pep band. Her community and civic activities include serving food at Safe Harbor with Faith Lutheran Church, youth group, teaching vacation bible school and helping with Special Olympics through EASD. Katelyn is in the top 2% of the estimated 662 graduating seniors at Easton. Katelyn would like to become an educator and respected teacher.
- Victoria Rizzolino is the daughter of Joe and Maria Rizzolino. Victoria will be attending West Chester University majoring in psychology. Victoria’s honors and awards include district winner for Easton cheerleading and 5th winner in the states. Her activities include 3 years of varsity cheerleading and 10th grade office assistant. Her community and civic activities include helping out at the ASPCA for many summers by walking, feeding and cleaning for the animals. Helped out at Our Lady of Mercy church with bible studies. Victoria wish is to earn a master’s degree in psychology and work with young adults.
- Madison Smith is the daughter of Bob and Kim Smith. Madison will be attending Virginia Wesleyan College majoring in environmental science. Madison’s honors and awards include Varsity E letter recipient for Easton Field Hockey and honor roll. Her activities included field hockey, softball and AAG. Her community service and civic activities included Palmer Twp. Easter Egg Hunt, softball coach, field hockey referee, Palmer Twp. Athletic Association xmas tree sales, Angel 34 walks, play for a cure field hockey games, special Olympics and miracle league. Madison wants to take proper steps to give back to the environment and make a difference in the world.
- Alison Spain is the daughter of Bill and Bobbi Spain. She will be attending Bryn Mawr College as a undecided major. Alison's honors and awards received are AP scholar with honors, Latin scholar magna cum laude. Alison's activities and offices held are French Club three years, event coordinator, French honor society three years, president, National honor society two years, Easton Girls Lacrosse four years. Alison continues to work hard and she would like to continue her passion of French and improve the life of others.
In the picture from left to right are: Lisa Colver, Scholarship Committee, Madison Smith, Victoria Rizzolino, Kyle Aldinger, Katelyn Pysher and Allison Spain.
2012 Scholarship Recipients. The Business, Industrial and Professional Association of Palmer Township was pleased to present five scholarships to high school seniors at its annual June Scholarship Picnic at the BIP Pavilion at the Charles Chrin Community Center of Palmer Township. The recipients in the picture from left to right are:
- Alyssa Benetz who will be attending Moravian College to study accounting;
- Lauren Principato who will be attending St. Joseph's University to study food marketing;
- Joseph Rizzolino who will be attending Campbell University to study either marketing or pre-law;
- Megan Wolfe who will be attending Kutztown University to study criminal justice; and,
- Lisa Pysher, standing in for her son David Pysher who will be attending Stevens Institute of technology to study biomedical engineering.
The members of the BIP wish these college bound students much success in their future endeavors.